Below are links to music education sites. The share drive has a teaching resources folder with files to be used in our classrooms. If you have something to contribute to the share drive, email your contribution to Kassi Gulliford
Choral Web Sites
Reading and music
Choral Web Sites
- Choral Director Magazine: A free magazine for choral directors — excellent!
- Choral MIDI files on The Silvis Woodshed
- ChoralNet: A central portal to online resources and communications for the global choral music community.
- Choral Public Domain Library: Access to FREE choral works in the public domain. Also, you can find scores, texts, translations, and information about composers.
- Chorus Teacher Resources: a collection of FREE worksheets, assignments, and other things helpful to chorus teachers.
- Cipoo: Another site containing FREE choral works in the public domain.
- Hear the Choirs Sing: a directory of choral music clips in various formats
- Musictheory.net: Free music theory lessons
- Staff paper @ www.blanksheetmusic.net
- Concert etiquette from NAfME
- Encouraging your child to produce a healthy voice fact sheet from the Institute of Child Health
- Hear the Choirs Sing: a web directory of sites that offer choral music clips in various formats
- On song, out of tune: a great article that can’t seem to be found anywhere else online anymore
- SuperScope Recording FAQ: This answers some questions not covered in the product manual.
- Twenty Suggestions for Success at Solo & Ensemble MPA: For participating students
- Vocal Health Resources: for singers and speakers
- AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition: This antiviral program offers rock-solid protection for no financial commitment. AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition provides all the necessities, including a tool for scanning your hard drive and e-mail, as well as a real-time shield to prevent infections.
- Cute PDF: This free application allows you to create PDF files from any application on your computer. Very handy for sending music files to people who don’t have the same program (Finale, Sibelius, etc.)
- Firefox: This free internet browser is a popular alternative to Internet Explorer.
- FREE online virus scan: Scan your PC for viruses using Trend Micro’s web site.
- OpenOffice.org: Compatible with other major office suites (like Microsoft Office), OpenOffice.org is free to download and distribute. You can use it to open Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and other documents.
Reading and music
- Making the connection between music and reading by Sandy Hinkley
- Parallel strategies for music and text by Sandy Hinkley
- ChoralNet’s repertoire questions and discussion
- MS changing voice / boys chorus literature by Stan Carlson
- MS Tried and True by Keitha Bledsoe and Nancy DeCoux; all voicings
- FREE sight singing exercises by Jussi Doherty
- Big Ears: free online ear trainer
- Good-Ear.com: another free online ear trainer
- Sequential 6-8 sight singing curriculum
- Sight Reading Project by Kevin Albright
- Sight Reading Strategies for Success by Matthew Swope
- Tips on teaching sight reading
- Chorus exam for middle school
- Concert evaluation
- Concert makeup assignments: 01, 02, 03
- Dictation Quiz
- Listening journal
- Participation rubric
- Rehearsal reflection log
- Solo singing assignment
- Bach’s Fight for Freedom
- Beethoven Lives Upstairs
- Finding Nemo
- Handel’s Last Chance
- Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Les Choristes Study Guide
- Les Miserables
- Mr. Holland’s Opus
- My Fair Lady: Music synopsis, study guide, and test
- Pirates of Penzance
- Sister Act
- Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit
- Sound of Music: Music synopsis, study guide, and test
- Story Map: A worksheet to use with ANY movie
- West Side Story: study guide